So I totally struggle with Laydon's sweet tooth. I mean if the child could just stop at one or even two, I totally wouldn't mind if he occasionally got into the treats. My struggle is that he has NO self control! I do realize he is only 4 and when sent downstairs, before I've had a chance to make breakfast, to watch cartoons is probably not a good combination.
To set the premise... I normally don't have to many treats laying around because of this particular problem. Recently I was asked to make a cake for a relifsociety function so I specifically went to the store for some sweet ingredients. Of course I "hid" the candy items in one of the higher cabinets. Well this is what I found in the trash that morning!


I think I ended up counting EIGHT, yes that is EIGHT!, wrappers in the trash. It made me want to vomit just thinking about how much candy my little Laydon stuffed into his tinny tummy that morning. I think the best part was when I was scolding him for his poor choice and telling him if he would have asked, he would have received a candy without getting in trouble. He replied saying something on the lines of "I won't eat the candy any more mommy. I will eat healthy foods. I promise mommy." How can I stay mad at that? Of course we attempted the self control talk and the "your allowed anything in the fridge that is healthy" talk; however, how am I supposed to expect a 4 yr old to make good choices? I think I've finally realized I just have to have breakfast waiting for him when he wakes up. Hence avoiding the scavengering through the cabinets for something "yummy" to eat.
No comments:
Post a Comment